SPICY PEPPER PRAWNS
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 500g raw, peeled king prawns
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
For the lime mayonnaise
- 100g mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- Using a pestle and mortar, grind the peppercorns and salt into a coarse powder.
- Put the lime zest and juice into a large bowl, then stir in the olive oil and pink pepper mixture.
- Add the prawns and, using clean hands, toss gently until they are well coated.
- Mix the mayonnaise and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium–high heat and, when very hot, add the prawns. Cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring regularly, until all the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Tip the prawns onto a platter, sprinkle with the coriander and serve immediately with the lime mayonnaise and a big green salad.
Tips: Pink peppercorns aren’t technically peppercorns at all; they’re actually a type of berry, but they have a peppery taste and aroma, and, although a bit milder, can be used in many of the same dishes as regular pepper.